Orange Sour Cream Muffins
Sour cream makes every bite of these muffins moist, while orange juice concentrate provides pleasant flavor. I keep some in the freezer for a fast breakfast or snack. Nellie Gobeli, Ava, Missouri
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pecans, baking soda and salt. In
- another bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and orange juice
- concentrate. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire
- rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 224 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.