Orange Roughy Italiano
“I’m not a big fan of fish unless it’s fried,“ confides Sherry Fletcher from Highland, Illinois. “But this recipe is so simple and good that it’s become a favorite! It’s also low in fat and packed with vitamin-rich veggies and Italian flavor.“
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- zucchini, onion and oregano in oil for 5 minutes or until onion is
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper; place over zucchini
- mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with
- cheese; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 290 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable,