Orange Romaine Salad
With this salad, spinach or another dark-green leaf lettuce works as well as the romaine. The oil and vinegar can be replaced by an oil-based honey French dressing or a honey mustard or poppy seed dressing.Nanci Keatley, Salem, Oregon
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained or 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, oranges and onion. Combine
- remaining ingredients; pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 116 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.