Orange Pork Roast
Overccoking can cause pork roasts to be dry and tough. But this recipe's succulent orange sauce guarantees that the meat turns out moist and tender.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Cut roast in half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 5-qt.
- slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate,
- honey, cloves and nutmeg; pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for
- 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 hours longer or until meat is
- Remove meat to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from
- cooking liquid; pour liquid into a small saucepan. Combine flour and
- cold water until smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 256 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium,