Orange Pecan Cookies
"This cookie is pure heaven with a glass of milk," writes Eleanor Henry of Derry, New Hampshire. It has a subtle orange flavor and just a sprinkling of chopped pecans throughout.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat
- in egg, orange juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda and salt;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into
- two 11-1/2-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours
- or overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly
- greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until
- golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 112 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.