Orange-Mustard Grilled Chicken
Writes Paula Marchesi of Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania, "We love grilling out...and this is one of our favorite recipes. The ginger, orange and mustard flavors make a tantalizing sauce for moist chicken."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag
- and turn to coat; refrigerate for 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Using long-handled tongs,
- moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill
- rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat
- for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads
- 170°, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 153 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.