Orange Marmalade Sweet Rolls
"My husband has heart trouble, so we had to get away from all the brown sugar, honey and butter I used to bake with," writes Lacey Griffin from Fredonia, Pennsylvania. "My family enjoys the citrus taste of these tender low-fat rolls that I bake in muffin cups.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup 100% orange marmalade spreadable fruit
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle;
- brush with spreadable fruit. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 slices. Place cut side down in muffin cups coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
- invert onto serving plates. Combine the confectioners' sugar, orange
- peel and orange juice; drizzle over warm rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 roll equals 140 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.