For a change of pace, give this yummy jelly made from frozen orange juice a try. "I've given it as gifts to friends and family-and many times the jars have been returned for refills," relates Mary Rice of Maysville, Oklahoma.
48 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 4-1/2 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine the water, orange juice
- concentrate and pectin. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full
- rolling boil. Add sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2
- minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam if
- Pour into jars or freezer containers; cool to room temperature, about
- 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set. But not longer
- than 24 hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 1
- year. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.