Orange Ham Kabobs
When I want to liven up leftover ham, I often make this main meal. It's a new and interesting way to prepare kabobs, and they're always a hit!
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 24 cubes (1-inch pieces)
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- On eight metal skewers, alternately thread three ham cubes, two
- orange pieces, two green pepper pieces and two red pepper pieces.
- Place on a broiler pan with rack; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 8
- minutes, turning occasionally. In a small bowl, combine the orange
- juice, tomato paste and ginger; mix well. Brush half over kabobs;
- broil 2-3 minutes. Turn kabobs and brush with the remaining sauce;
- broil 2 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 3 lean meat; also, 150 calories, 1248 mg sodium, 40 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 17 gm protein, 5 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.