Orange-Glazed Pork Stir-Fry
"To add extra color and tangy flavor, I like to stir drained mandarin orange segments in with the cooked pork," shares Edie DeSpain in Logan, Utah. "This makes such a fast, simple and delicious meal!"
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry pork in oil for 3-4 minutes or
- until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan,
- stir-fry snow peas and onion in marmalade and chili sauce for 3-5
- minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Return pork to the pan; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated
- through. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups pork mixture (calculated without rice) equals 277 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer