Orange-Glazed Pork Chops
"This recipe from my niece is not only a snap to prepare, it's delicious, too," says field editor Nila Towler of Baird, Texas. A sweet orange glaze perks up these tender pork chops, and there's plenty of sauce to flavor the accompanying rice as well.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet over
- medium-high heat, brown chops in oil on both sides. Combine brown
- sugar and orange juice concentrate; pour over the chops. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until the
- meat juices run clear. Serve pork and sauce over rice. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 531 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 645 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.