I had just graduated from college and was living in an apartment. A friend gave me this recipe and it's a sweet and tangy way to dress up a chicken breast.Diane Madonna, Brunswick, Ohio
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange marmalade
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Combine flour, salt if desired and pepper; coat chicken breast. In a
- skillet, heat oil on medium; brown chicken. Spread marmalade on top
- of chicken; sprinkle with nutmeg. Add orange juice and simmer for
- 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (without added salt) equals 370 calories, 17 g fat (0 saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.