“Beets were a popular vegetable in our house when I was growing up and this recipe is a real favorite of ours. It's very easy to make, and the citrus flavor of the orange is a delight.” Susan Punzal - Orchard Park, New York
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) sliced beets, drained
- In a large skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened. Add the
- beets; cook and stir 6-8 minutes longer or until most of the liquid
- is absorbed. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 194 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.