Orange Ginger Chicken
This twist on a popular Chinese takeout dish is one of my husband's all-time favorites. We spoon it over rice. —Toni Schilz, APO, AP
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Optional garnishes: thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Season chicken with
- salt and pepper. Add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to
- coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches over medium
- heat until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a
- boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan; cook and stir until
- thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Sprinkle with
- green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 326 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium,