- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in
- oil for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the broccoli,
- peppers and carrot; stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables
- are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from
- the heat; stir in cashews and reserved orange sections. Serve with
- rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups stir-fry mixture with 3/4 cup rice) equals 467 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 853 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.