Orange Ginger Carrots
Lightly glazed and seasoned with orange juice, honey and ginger, these tender carrots from our Test Kitchen make a lovely, low-fat side dish that appeals to all ages. This colorful dish will dress up a variety of meat entrees.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups fresh baby carrots
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, orange juice, vinegar, honey
- and ginger. Add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Uncover. Increase heat to high. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until
- cooking liquid is thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 80 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 209 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 starch.