Orange Fruit Slaw
This fantastic winter fruit slaw comes from Cynthia France of Murray, Utah. She writes, “I love this fruity coleslaw. My neighbor shared this with our women's church group a few years ago.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) reduced-fat orange yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, orange, grapes, apple and
- celery. Stir in the yogurt, salt and pepper; toss until well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving. Sprinkle with almonds just
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 104 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.