Orange Date Muffins
"Anyone who likes dates and the flavor of orange will think these moist muffins are a treat," confirms Rosella Peters of Gull Lake, Saskatchewan. "I get compliments each time I serve them."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine eggs, orange juice
- and butter; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until
- moistened. Fold in dates, walnuts and orange peel. Coat muffin cups
- with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One muffin equals 251 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium,