Orange Cream Freezer Dessert
With its bold orange taste and cool smooth texture, this appealing ice cream dessert is crowd-pleaser. People who ask me for the recipe can't believe how easy it is to make. Plus, it serves a bunch.
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3-1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Set
- aside 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into two
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pans. Cover and freeze for at least
- 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine ice cream and orange juice concentrate until
- smooth. Spoon over crusts (pans will be full). Freeze for 10
- minutes or until partially firm.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; gently press down. Cover and
- freeze for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 2 desserts (24 servings each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a