Orange Corn Bread
You only need 30 minutes to whip up a batch of this tender cornbread. Serve it warm or cold, either way you'll love its mild orange flavor. Sharon Runyan - Fort Wayne, Indiana
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the milk, egg substitute, orange juice and oil; stir into
- dry ingredients just until combined (batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 182 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.