Orange-Coconut French Toast
You’ll think you woke up in the tropics when you dive into this French toast breakfast. There’s a bright, citrusy flavor and a wonderful blend of textures in every slice.Carol Gillespie, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./batch
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 8 slices white bakery bread (3/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, chopped and toasted
- Maple syrup and orange slices, optional
- In large bowl, whisk the coconut milk, eggs, orange juice, extracts
- and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Place bread slices in a 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Pour coconut milk mixture over bread;
- turn to coat. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Toast bread on a greased hot griddle over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
- on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sprinkle with remaining coconut and macadamia nuts; keep warm. Serve
- with maple syrup and orange slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.