Orange Coconut Cookies
The sunny taste of these crisp cookies always makes me smile-no matter what the weather.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in orange peel. Combine flour
- and cornstarch; add to creamed mixture. Shape into 1-in. balls, then
- roll in coconut. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake
- at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned
- and cookies are set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 371 calories, 25 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.