Orange Cocoa Sandies
When I was growing up, I loved to help my mom cut out the appealing dessert recipes from newspapers and magazines. Then we would paste them all into a big book. This recipe is one of our favorites from the collection.
22 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar until
- light and fluffy; beat in extract. Combine flour and cocoa;
- gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set. Cool for 1-2
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Dust with remaining
- confectioner's sugar. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 91 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.