For a deliciously different treat try this dessert. Orange marmalade is a sweet and tangy base for this cobbler.Margery Bryan, Royal City, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water, marmalade
- and orange juice concentrate. Cook and stir over medium-low heat
- until thickened. Stir in the butter until melted. Pour into a
- greased 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and nutmeg; stir in milk just until
- moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over orange mixture. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden
- brown. Serve warm over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 361 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 451 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.