Orange Chocolate Tart
Our Test Kitchen whipped up this delectable dessert. A fudgy filling flavored with orange extract is baked in a pastry crust, spread with whipped topping, then garnished with orange peel and chocolate hearts.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Orange peel, optional
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt butter and five chocolate squares.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, line a 9-in. fluted tart pan with
- removable bottom with pastry. Line pastry with a double thickness of
- heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove the
- foil; bake 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, sugar and orange extract until thickened,
- about 4 minutes. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture. Beat in flour;
- mix well. Pour into crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely
- on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. Melt
- remaining chocolate. Pour melted chocolate into a heavy-duty
- resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe