Orange Chocolate Pudding
Melt-in-your-mouth desserts just don’t come easier than this to-die-for chocolate pudding with a hint of orange. Our thanks to Carol Norman of North Sydney, Nova Scotia for the recipe!
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon thawed orange juice concentrate
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over
- medium heat; stir until smooth. In a small bowl, combine egg yolk
- and orange juice concentrate. Stir a small amount of hot chocolate
- mixture into egg mixture; return all to the pan, stirring
- Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 1 minute longer or until
- mixture reaches 160° or coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove
- from the heat.
- Cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to dessert
- dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 352 calories, 23 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.