Orange-Chicken Endive Boats
This tasty appetizer is great any time of year, but is especially appropriate during the Christmas season with the splash of red from the dried cranberries.Tracy Anderson, Lincroft, New Jersey
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 30 endive leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Spoon about 1
- tablespoon onto each endive leaf. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 55 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.