Orange Cashew Chicken
"This delicious stir-fry is quick to fix yet tasty enough for company," says Andrea Bolden of Unionville, Tennessee. "The tender chicken, crunchy cashews and sweet citrus sauce are always a hit."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, carrots and celery
- in oil for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Reduce
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, ginger, orange juice, honey
- and soy sauce until blended. Stir into chicken mixture. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
- cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with reduced-sodium soy sauce and 1/4 cup cashews; calculated without rice) equals 375 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,