Orange Carrot Salad
This is a refreshing salad that adds a little zip to a festive dinner. Our state is second to Florida in production of oranges, so this recipe truly represents my area. I hope you get the chance to try it soon.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 medium oranges, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Place carrots in a medium bowl. Section oranges into the bowl to
- catch juices. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and
- chill for several hours. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 48 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 44 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.