Orange Buttermilk Salad
I'm always asked to bring this gelatin salad to family gatherings. It has a very pretty light orange color, which adds a nice touch to any table setting.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) crushed pineapple in syrup
- 1 package (6 ounces) orange gelatin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large saucepan, bring pineapple and syrup to a boil. Remove from
- the heat; stir in gelatin. Cool to room temperature. Stir in the
- buttermilk. Fold in whipped topping and pecans. Pour into an 8-cup
- mold; chill 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 230 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.