Orange-Avocado Tossed Salad
This salad grabs the mealtime spotlight whenever I serve it. The grapes, mandarin oranges and almonds add sweetness and crunch to the greens and avocado...and the dressing has a mild curry flavor.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 10 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 ripe California Avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a jar
- with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, sugar,
- curry powder and soy sauce; shake well. Drizzle over salad; toss to
- coat. Garnish with avocado. Yield: 12 servings.