Orange & Lemon Wafer Cookies
These light citrus cookies go so well with a cup of coffee or tea after a heavy holiday meal. —JoAnn Belack, Bradenton, Florida
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Thin orange or lemon peel strips, optional
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in the egg, orange peel, lemon peel and extracts. In another bowl,
- mix the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into
- creamed mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined
- baking sheets. If desired, top with orange peel strips.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a