Open-Faced Pizza Sandwiches
This tasty pizza is a hit with my grandchildren. What could be easier for Saturday lunch? It took me longer to write the recipe down than it does to fix it! —Dorothy Eriksen, Salem, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 6 slices white bread
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Butter bread on both sides. On a greased griddle, toast bread on one
- side until lightly browned. Turn; spoon about 1/4 cup chili on each
- slice. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons pizza sauce and about 2 tablespoons
- cheese. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Cook until bottom is golden
- brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pizza sandwich equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 946 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.