Open-Faced Egg Sandwiches
I always experiment with different herbs on my eggs, since I eat them every morning. This one became one of my favorites! —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over
- medium-high heat. Whisk the egg whites, eggs and cheese; add to
- skillet. Cook and stir until set.
- Spread butter over toasts; top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with
- rosemary and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.