Oodles of Noodles Soup
"When my godchild, Alex Van Ackeren, was young, I often gave her a children's cookbook for her birthday or other special occasions," shares Lorri Reinhardt of Big Bend, Wisconsin. "We'd plan an entire menu from the books, prepare the meal together and serve it to her family. This soup recipe was a favorite."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, saute the chicken,
- carrots, onion, celery and garlic until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add water, pepper and contents of seasoning packets from the
- noodles. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Break noodles into pieces and add to soup; cover and cook for 3
- minutes or until tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.