Onion Vinaigrette Salad
"The recipe for this pretty salad dressing was given to me a long time ago by my sister-in-law," comments Harriet Stichter of Milford, Indiana. "We like the mixture's onion flavor so much we keep some in our refrigerator year-round."
20 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Dash pepper
- Torn salad greens
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced cucumber and grated carrots or vegetables of your choice
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first eight
- ingredients; shake well. In a salad bowl, combine greens and
- vegetables. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Store any
- leftover dressing in a refrigerator. Yield: 2-1/2 cups dressing.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.