Onion Tarragon Shrimp
"I've been making this recipe for more than 10 years and it is the sole reason that I grow my own tarragon," Linda Lacek comments from Winter Park, Florida.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing Cook: 10 min.
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until
- tender. Add the tarragon, salt and pepper; saute 1 minute longer.
- Transfer to a large bowl and let cool. Add shrimp and lemon juice to
- onion mixture; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Place shrimp on a foil-lined broiler pan; spoon onion mixture over
- shrimp. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink and topping is browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 200 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 202 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.