Onion Steak Sandwiches
"My husband, Harold, and I like to have these delicious steak sandwiches for dinner as a change of pace," relates sharon Crider from her kitchen in Junction City, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 Italian rolls, split
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce the heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender;
- add the steak. Cook and stir until meat reaches desired doneness;
- drain,. Stir in the tomato sauce mixture. Brush oil over cut side of
- rolls; fill with steak mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 402 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 719 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.