Onion-Poppy Seed Dressing
This quick and easy salad dressing is great on all kinds of salads. It’s sweet, tangy and oniony, and doesn’t separate. You can make it ahead of time and store in the fridge.
—Julie Sterchi, Jackson, Missouri
13 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion and mustard. Cover
- and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a
- steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 1-2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 184 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.