Onion Mashed Potatoes
Instead of having the same mashed potatoes, spice up your mashed potatoes with onions. They are so easy to make and compliment any main dish.Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook until very tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, cook onion and sugar in butter
- until golden, stirring frequently. Drain and mash the potatoes. Add
- milk, salt and pepper. Stir in onion mixture. Garnish with parsley
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.