Onion-Dijon Pork Chops
Coated in a flavorful sauce, these chops are cooked to tender perfection. Serve with rice and carrots for a full meal. Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray, cook pork over medium heat for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet, stirring to loosen
- browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Return chops to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 3-4 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let
- stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 pork chop with 2 tablespoons onion mixture equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.