Onion Cucumber Salad
My friend often brought this salad to potluck suppers. She shared the recipe with me and I'm happy to pass it on to fellow readers. I doubles well.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt to taste
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, oil, vinegar, sugar, water and
- salt. Add cucumber and onion; toss to coat. Refrigerate for several
- hours or overnight. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 143 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.