Onion Beef Stroganoff
Onion soup mix gives fast flavor to this tender beef and creamy sauce from Priscilla Callis of Nashville, Tennessee. "I threw this together one night using ingredients I had on hand," she relates. "The cream of potato soup makes it a real meat-and-potatoes meal."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds eye of round steak, cut into strips
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef in oil until no longer
- pink. Stir in soup mix, potato soup, milk and mushrooms. Cover and
- simmer for 35-40 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve over ice or
- noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 236 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.