One-Pot Ham Dinner
Looking for a speedy skillet supper? Jody Cohen of Mackeyville, Pennsylvania adds potatoes and green beans to ham steak before topping off the down-home dinner with a comforting mushroom sauce.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1 fully cooked ham slice (1 to 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ham slice. Arrange
- potatoes over ham; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with beans and
- onion. Combine soup and water; pour over all.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes
- or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 381 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 2,209 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.