One-For-All Marinated Beef
"I use this great marinade not just for beef, but for everything I grill-from pork chops to chicken," notes Sue Sauer of Deer River, Minnesota. "The marinade's main ingredient-orange juice- is both low in calories and a good tenderizer."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 6 min. + standing
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients;
- add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill steak,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8
- minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before
- slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked beef) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.