One-Dish Chicken with Vegetables
I like to cook and try new recipes...my niece and I exchange the good ones. I made this dish and it looked so pretty that I got out my camera and took a picture of it.Katherine McKinley, New Albany, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mix, garlic powder and oil. Spoon
- half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and
- turn to coat. Spoon the remaining marinade into another large
- resealable plastic bag; add potatoes and carrots. Seal bag and turn
- to coat.
- Arrange chicken and vegetables in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking
- dish. Cover and bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 170° and
- vegetables are tender.
- Yield: 4 servings.