Omelet with Cheese Sauce
If you're looking to bring a little variety to breakfast, try this effortless egg dish from Joan Enerson. "The cheesy sauce is easy to make, and the green chiles really jazz up the omelet," she writes from Waupaca, Wisconsin.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, cook soup and cream over low heat until warm,
- stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, salt and
- pepper; stir in chilies. Melt butter in a 10-in. skillet over medium
- heat; add egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked
- portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are completely set, remove from the heat. Fold omelet in
- half; cut into three wedges. Serve with the cheese sauce.
- Refrigerate any leftover sauce. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 311 calories, 24 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 468 mg cholesterol, 1,379 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.