Olive Pepper Pinwheels
"These zippy pinwheels are surprisingly simple to prepare ahead of time and have on hand whenever hunger hits," notes Kristin Manley from her home in Montesano, Washington. "They're also attractive to serve as appetizers for guests," she adds.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup each finely chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 6 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth; stir in the
- peppers, olives and dressing mix. Spread over tortillas. Roll up
- jelly-roll style; wrap tightly in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Just before serving, cut into
- 1-in. pieces. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (2 pieces) equals 68 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0.55 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.