"My family loves omelets after church on Sundays," comments Karen Stephens of Noble, Illinois. "These cook quickly and satisfy big appetites in a hurry."
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 slices process American cheese, halved
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies, optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped mushrooms, optional
- Additional salsa and sour cream, optional
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Coat a 10-in. skillet
- with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add egg mixture. As
- the eggs set, lift the edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- When eggs are nearly set, place cheese, salsa, chilies and mushrooms
- if desired over half of eggs; fold in half. Cover and let stand for
- 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa
- and sour cream if desired. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 180 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 332 mg cholesterol, 565 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.