- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Flatten slightly with a spoon. Bake at 350° for 10-12
- minutes or until firm to the touch. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk
- until smooth; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thick, 5-7
- minutes. Remove from heat. Cover and refrigerate until completely
- In a small bowl, cream the shortening, sugar and vanilla until light
- and fluffy. Add milk mixture; beat for 7 minutes or until fluffy.
- Spread filling on half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 244 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 116 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.